For years my mom refused to try my sister’s jello. Julie brings her famous Raspberry Jello Royale to all of our major holiday functions and my mother would not touch it; my mother can be a little bit like Martha Stewart sometimes….she’s a little judgmental towards the lowly jello salad; jello not being up to her refined culinary standards. Then at Christmas a few year years ago, she took a little bite and discovered what the rest of us have known all of these years; this jello is good; fabulously good. Addictively good. Mom has since apologized to my sister for disrespecting the jello and now we can’t keep her out of it…..
Raspberry Jello Royale
from the kitchen of my sister Julie
- 2 small packages raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 small packages sweetened frozen raspberries
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- enough powdered sugar to make a frosting like consistency
- 1 large tub cool whip or 1 pint whipping cream whipped with 1 t. vanilla & enough sugar to sweeten
- Mix together jello, water, raspberries and pineapple.
- Pour half of the jello mixture in a 9x13 pan. Let partially set in refrigerator.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese & enough powdered sugar to be sweet & the consistency of frosting. Spread over the top of the jello mixture.
- Top with the remaining jello & refrigerate until set.
- Top with most of the cool whip or whipped cream.