There’s nothing better than garden fresh tomatoes in August. This is a super easy and scrumptious appetizer I like to make. It’s kind of a melding of two recipes from two of my favorite cookbooks; one found in the Seattle Junior League’s Celebrate the Rain cookbook & the other in the Seattle Junior League’s Simply Classic cookbook. I hope you like it!
Tomato Tapenade Bruschetta
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. fresh italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus extra for brushing extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, finely diced or feta, crumbled
- 1 loaf crusty italian bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Gently stir together tomatoes, basil, garlic, parsley, evoo, vinegar,oregano and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Toast both sides of bread on grill or under broiler of bake at 400 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Serve the toasted bread with the tapenade.