Luckily, I don’t need to make my caesar dressing from scratch very often. The reason is a local Seattle company, Royal Pantry Foods(Northwest Gourmet Foods), produces a fabulous fresh caesar dressing they call “Royal Caesar dressing” that I can buy in the refrigerated section at my local grocery store. This dressing is to die for. However, when I run out of it and don’t have time to go to the store, this is the caesar dressing recipe I use. It’s based on a Nordstrom Friends and Family Cookbook recipe that I doctored just an eensy bit; it’s extremely easy and I don’t have to worry about poisoning my children with salmonella- which is a good thing.
Easy Caesar Dressing
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellmans)
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 olive oil-packed anhovy fillets, patted dry and minced (or the equivalent in anchovy paste)
- 5-6 T. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T. worcestershire sauce
- Whisk together all of the above ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate.