Don’t you just love the sweet taste of tomatoes in summer? This is the salad I served to the architectresses along with the grilled vegetable and herb pasta and I think it passed muster. It came from the Seattle Junior League Celebrate the Rain cookbook.
Summer Tomato Salad with Feta Dressing
- 1 1/2 pints multicolored, cherry type tomatoes, halved
- 2 large firm tomatoes, chunked
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. shallots, minced
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 T. fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 T. fresh basil, chopped
- more basil for garnish, julienned
- Whisk together vinegar, shallots, garlic and large pinch of salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Stir in feta, and herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the tomatoes and garnish with julienned basil.