Spring in the Pacific Northwest started around June 1st this year and the strawberries are finally ripe, so I just keep making strawberry pies! This strawberry rhubarb was my favorite of last week’s pies. The kids preferred Strawn’s Eat Shop Strawberry Glazed Pie. If you don’t like rhubarb, don’t worry- this pie tastes more like strawberries. Also, the congealment factor was perfect!
Classic Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Pie Crust for double pie
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1″ lengths
- 3 cups strawberries, cut up
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. butter, cut into small pieces
- Line a pie pan with half the pie crust dough.
- Mix together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Place in crust.
- Dot with butter and cover with vented top crust.
- Bake at 425degrees for 30 minutes , then lower t he heat to 350 and bake for 25-30 minutes more.