This is the Pizza Sauce I use for my homemade pizzas. It is garlicky and good! It makes about one and a half to two cups of sauce.
Garlicky Tomatoey Pizza Sauce
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes or 8 larged chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 t. sugar
- 1/4 t. red chile flakes (optional for heat lovers)
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 T. fresh oregano, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes (If using canned, break them up into smaller chunks). Add sugar, optional chile flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until very thick, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in fresh oregano.