Well, I think the title says it all. These brownies are the best. I must confess, I used to make my brownies from a box. That is until I realized it didn’t take that much more effort to make them from scratch and though the box-kind were really good, these are so, so much better.
Brilliant Ooey Gooey Chewy Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4.4 oz. hershey milk chocolate bar, cut into 1/4-1/2 chunks
- 1 cup walnuts or pecan, chopped and toasted, (optional)
- In a saucepan over low heat melt the butter and add the unsweetened chocolate. Stir until everything is melted and then remove from heat.
- Add sugar and let the mixure cool a bit.
- Add the eggs and mix in well.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the milk chocolate chunks and nuts if using.
- Pour into a pammed 15x10 or 13x9 pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Check with a toothpick in the middle - these brownies will be gooey - but you do not want them too, too gooey. Remember, the 13x9 pan will take a little longer to cook.