This week’s pie comes courtesy of my friend, Lynn. I’m not much of a cream pie lover, but since my goal is to make all kinds of pie this year I decided to make a Banana Cream Pie. It was pretty luscious and got a thumbs up from all of the kids and I must confess that I have had about 5 pieces so far. I’m beginning to think this pie challenge may not be such a good idea for my waistline!
Banana Cream Pie
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 large box cook and serve jello vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 or 3 bananas
- Prepare vanilla pudding with only 1 1/2 cups milk, cool and fold into the mixture of sugar and cream already whipped stiff.
- Slice bananas into the pie shell.
- Cover with the pudding/ whipped cream mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.