Okay, here it is, pie crust with butter for you butter crust lovers. I think now we transcend the level of pie dough with the addition of butter and the pie dough becomes pastry dough and now needs a french name – pate brisee.
Pie Crust with Butter (Pate Brisee)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. sugar
- 3/4 cups cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4-1/2 cup cold water
- Mix together flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut butter chunks into flour mixture until it becomes crumbly.
- Stir in water, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more as necessary while working with hands until a ball forms.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
- Makes barely enough for one pie.