Yes, my Mom’s pie crust is the best. This is probably the same recipe your Mom uses, too. It always turns out. Lately, I’ve had to add a bit more flour which I note in the recipe.
The Pie Crust of My Mother
- 2 cups (original) - 2 1/4 cups (depending on the weather) flour
- 3/4 cup crisco
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4-6 T. cold water
- Mix the salt and flour together.
- Cut in the crisco with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Add water until it forms a workable ball.
- Divide dough in half and roll out top and bottom crusts.
- Makes enough crust for one large pie